Problem installing a second TAPO C200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-12 06:32:35
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear someone who can help,

I am having trouble connecting a second TAPO camera to my WiFi network. I have been trying with the main router and with the extenders (Devolo), but no luck... I have checked the WPA, 4G, etc. I keep getting also the message that the network is not stable, even though the computer and telephones get and keep connected without any problem.

The strange thing is that the first TAPO camera was connected immediately without any problem and works fine.

Thank you for sharing your advice.

MariaPsim 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem installing a second TAPO C200
2021-08-13 03:10:03 - last edited 2021-08-13 05:47:37

@MariaPsim  Hello, 

Thank you for your detailed information, for  ' Network unstable' warning,  make sure phone is connected to the default SSID 'Tapo XX ' at that time , try to manually connect to Tapo XXX Wifi in WiFi list and go back to tapo APP, here are some other suggestions that may help : 

• Turn off VPN and Mobile data on the phone
  • Double-check the Wi-Fi password  and make sure there is no Space  when put in Wi-Fi password
  • Connect camera directly to router , not through AP or RE, and power off RE/AP temporarily 
  • Locate camera  closer to router

If the above does not help, may I have a photo of the Error message? Go to Wi-Fi List on the photo at that time and take a photo showing phone is connected to which wifi signal, thank you. What is the model of your phone and its Android or IOS version and the model of router as well. 

Options
Re:Problem installing a second TAPO C200
2021-08-13 06:01:57

@Solla-topee Good morning!

Thank you for your immediate response!

I finally managed to connect everything with each other 😊 I restarted the main modem and tried several times again and finally the camera connected to the WiFi. 

I then tried again to connect to the extension router without luck... I will try again today.

Thanks again

Maria

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 971

Replies: 2

Related Articles