Using Tapo C210 in hotel rooms?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-06 03:32:30 - last edited 2022-09-14 09:31:17
Tags: #hotel room
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I would like to use the C210 for hotel room security, which means it will be without internet or using hotel's public WiFi.  Is this possible?  If so, how do i configure it for this usage?

Alternatively, can it be configured in "stand alone" mode, whereby C210 can record motion-triggered events to SD card without internet?

thanks for your detailed reply.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Using Tapo C210 in hotel rooms?
2022-06-07 01:29:16

@toejam357 

The Tapo cameras support WPA or WPA2 encryption, but does not support a Portal Wi-Fi. If the hotel public Wi-Fi has a portal page and requires login for authentication, the camera does not work it.

It is recommended to connect camera a Router Wi-Fi network, or you could consider getting a mobile router using SIM card to create a Wi-Fi network for camera. 

After the camera has connected to Wi-Fi but has no Internet, the Local storage with the SD card will still work and you can view the saved recordings through Playback. But camera may have trouble to detect or record motion without internet. 

Q6.6 Can I use my Tapo camera anywhere if there is no internet?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2444

Replies: 1

Tags

hotel room
Related Articles