Change of email address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Change of email address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Change of email address
Change of email address
2022-09-13 11:14:37 - last edited 2022-09-13 12:12:39
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

Hi all

I need to change my yahoo email address to my gmail address as I want to download the Tapo app via Google Play and it will only let me do that if I use my gmail address.

I have a poorly pup who likes to sit in the lounge and I need to be able to check on him while I'm working upstairs.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Change of email address
2022-09-14 02:54:40

Hello  @Ladyfriend 

As far as I know,  when you download an APP from Google Play Store, there is no need for considering what email account is used in Tapo or other APPs. 

• In Google Play, login your account and you should be able to download a new Tapo APP.
  • Then open Tapo APP and login your TP-Link ID /account. 

So far TP-Link ID email address can't be changed directly in the APP,  you may have to factory reset smart device or soft reset the device (certain models supports a soft reset, refer to device UG for details)and set them up with the new email address. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1235

Replies: 1

Related Articles