Tapo C210 disconnects/unbinds when NVR is restarted.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 01:56:43

I have c210 connected to a 16ch vigi NVR. When there is power interruptions or restarts, it unbinds/disconnects from the NVR. Some c210 keeps asking for password. I have set the c210 to static IPs but wont automatically reconnects to the NVR. It also changes channel on the NVR.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 disconnects/unbinds when NVR is restarted.
2022-11-30 05:59:52

@Cebujohn 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. To locate the cause of this problem, can you help to check some information?

1. Is there any error message appearing on the NVR when this issue happens? Can you share some pictures/screenshots with us?

2. How do you restore tapo camera's connection on the NVR? Rebind the device? 

3. What's the model of the Vigi NVR?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2022-12-01 02:20:51
Actually, there are no error messages. When there are power interuptions and rebooted, It just re assigns C210 to other channel and mixes it up. Other c210 doesent appear and asks for pssword. It also takes the admin username so when it reconnects, it fails since camera account username is not admin. Do i reaalt need to use "admin" in c210 camera account?
Options
2022-12-01 12:33:18

I discovered the IP address keeps changing whenever there is a reboot. I am in a OMADA network, I have made each client to acquire a static IP, but most of my C210 gets new IP address. That is why VIGI NVR will not be able to reinstate it after reboot and considers it as a new Cam. How do i fix this? 

Options
2022-12-01 12:37:39

I discovered the IP address keeps changing whenever there is a reboot. I am in a OMADA network, I have made each client to acquire a static IP, but most of my C210 gets new IP address. That is why VIGI NVR will not be able to reinstate it after reboot and considers it as a new Cam. How do i fix this? 

Options
2022-12-02 03:09:08

@Cebujohn 

Thank you for the update. Please the IP changing issues, please try to update the firmware of the Omada network. 

If the problem still exists, please provide us with the topology of your omada network and the device information (model, hardware and firmware version). Please also send me your TP-Link ID that associated with the Omada network via private message. We'll help to look into it!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2022-12-10 03:46:17

@Wayne-TP 

Still having problems with Tapo C+++ cameras. I have set up and assigned Static IP addresses on them. yet some, like half of them keeps jumping around IP addresses when there is power reboots and or interruptions. The VIGI NVR is not able to detect what Ip addresses it hops displaying blanks on the screen. 

Did I miss something?

Options
2022-12-15 10:32:40

@Cebujohn 

Thank you for the reply. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Options
2022-12-18 14:41:21
I think You need to put an OPTION to all to all of your TAPO cameas where we can set it static IPs. Please.... its a chaos on power interreptions and reboots.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 800

Replies: 8

Related Articles