C420S2 - Red led blinking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-31 15:05:55 - last edited 2022-12-31 15:09:10
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Today, the c420s2's led is blinked on red color. I tried also a hardware reset by button but without success. I reset also the hub but the situation is the same.

How can I solve it?

Options
2 Reply
Re:C420S2 - Red led blinking
2023-01-03 06:53:32

Hi  @Marco10 

Thank you for posting on TP-Link community. 

Did anything unusual happen before the problem occurred? Does the camera led flash quickly or slowly? Any changes during the reset process?

From the led status, it looks like both devices turn to brick. If the devices are reset correctly, please contact the retailer or the local TP-Link support in your region to proceed warranty. 

Reset Tapo C420: Press and hold the Sync/Reset button for about 5 seconds.

Reset Tapo hub: Press and hold the RESET button for about 5 seconds until the hub LED quickly blinks red

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:C420S2 - Red led blinking
2023-01-03 08:18:31 - last edited 2023-01-03 08:19:04

Hello @Wayne-TP

The blinking red was slowly like whether the camera is connecting to networking but i reset it.
I am sure that nobody touched the camera or its settings. It seems that the camera has crashed for some internal reason.

I tried to reset camera and hub but the issue is the same.
I contacted my local support to replacement.

I opened this topic to report that the reset procedure (by button) is not very strong or not high priority on other operations because it is not possible to block a camera/user with deadlock operation as this one. The factory reset button must reset ALL operations in cache, RAM and so on in order to recovery the flash in ROM.

I have N devices Tapo and I am happy to use them but this firmware for this type of camera is a frustration whether I think to this issue and RSPT protocol blocked by default with official answer: "It is a camera with a battery we have blocked this feature because we think the battery can run out quickly."
Ok, I agree with you but for my personal opinion the feature(RSTP) have to be present then the user can be choose if enable or not.

The firmware for this camera MUST be improvement otherwise many users will left the Tapo products.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 545

Replies: 2

Related Articles