Android device disconnecting from Tapo C320 device network (setup) because no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android device disconnecting from Tapo C320 device network (setup) because no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-31 01:32:53
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: unknown

Hi,

I am trying to setup a new Tapo C320WS camera via the app.

The problem I have is that my phone will immediately disconnect from the Tapo device wireless network, because there is no internet.

I have disabled the SIM on my phone, forgotten all other wireless networks, and the problem still persists.

Any ideas?

Thankyou

Matthew

Options
1 Reply
Re:Android device disconnecting from Tapo C320 device network (setup) because no internet
2023-02-01 01:53:12

@Matthew76 

Good day, thank you for the feedback. Tapo APP can only find and connect to the Tapo C320WS when the phone connects to the camera default wifi. It is suggested to use another mobile device to complete the setup if your phone cannot connect and stay to the camera network. After the setup, you can log in to your TP-Link account and manage the camera on your phone directly. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options