Cameras incorrectly appearing in multiple "homes" within Tapo App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-16 07:28:44 - last edited 2023-04-21 07:25:31
Model: TC60   Tapo C500   TC65  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

I have 15+ tapo cameras added to either "home A" or "home B" within the Tapo App. 

It's a lot of cameras, which is why the Tapo App feature to create "homes" is so useful, so cameras can be allocated to home groups rather than one long massive list which becomes unmanageable. 

The problem is that SOME (not all) cameras appear in both "homes" within the app, which is really confusing and messy. 

For the cameras that appear in both, deleting and re-adding doesn't solve the problem. Models affected with this problem are TC60, TC65, TC70.

Models that are correctly appearing in only one home include C110, C210, C310. 

The fact that some cameras can be added (correctly) to one home whereas others appear in both homes indicates a software bug, because the app is behaving inconsistently... 

Is anyone aware of a fix for this frustrating bug? 

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cameras appearing in multiple homes within App
2023-04-18 08:06:42

@FrogMorton 

Hi,
Currently, some of the Tapo cameras do not support the home allocation feature, so you see they show up on each home you configured. 
Don't worry that the cameras will support this feature via firmware updates in the future, please pay attention to the firmware update on your Tapo app, and update your camera to the latest firmware in time.
Best Regards

Options
2023-04-21 07:22:01

@Solla-topee thanks for replying. 

I have new information, this bug isn't confined to the older cameras like the TC60, but also the brand new C500 that I preordered on Amazon UK in Feb 2023.

I have one C500 correctly appearing in only "home A", but my second C500 is wrongly appearing in both homes A & B. 

Obviously you have access to the firmware source code hence you seeing the problem code yourself and concluding its a firmware issue, but given the sheer volume of Tapo cameras suffering this bug, would it not be easier to apply a single general fix to the Tapo App?

Could you also please provide a rough timeline for when the bug fix will be prioritised? It's just I see in the forum that someone reported this bug a year ago and my worry is that the bug just isn't making it into the Kanban or scrum at TP-LINK?

Many thanks

Options
2023-04-21 11:07:08

@FrogMorton 

Hi, 
For the Tapo C500 issue, please ensure the second cam is updated to the latest firmware, and then check if it will appear in only a home.
We are unable to provide a timeline for when the new firmware that solves the issue will be released, and I suggest you keep an eye on the official website>firmware release notes for new firmware info.

For the TC60 and TC65, the new firmware version 1.3.x will solve the problem.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 378

Replies: 3

Related Articles