Votes

Download recordings from SD Card instead of "record recordings from SD Card"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-16 08:09:29
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I want to be able to download each event easily instead of the current terrible implementation where i need to press "Record" in order to retrieve a person / car event recording. 

I know you would love for me to pay for your Tapo Care where this is done properly - but it shouldnt be like that. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Download recordings from SD Card instead of "record recordings from SD Card"
2023-04-18 09:17:05

@MontagoDK 

Hi, if you have inserted an SD card into the camera and enabled the motion detection feature on the Camera Settings page, the video clips triggered by movement will be stored on the SD card. Then you can download the video clips from the SD card when it connects to the SD card slot of the computer or an SD card adapter. 
Best Regards

Options
2023-04-18 09:27:51

@Solla-topee 

This wasn't a support question - it's a feature request. 

Taking the SD-Card out of the camera in order to get the video via an SD-Card reader is NOT a good solution to this problem. 

It's rather difficult / annoying to take out 2 screws in a hard to get location of a camera - then take the sd card to a PC and copy the files. 

Retrieving the videos via Network makes much more sense - because .. well ITS A WIFI ENABLED CAMERA. 

The problem however, is that the App / Interface makes it harder than it should, to download each recording to the phone. 

It should be possible to simply click "download" on a clip - instead of having to "record" and then play the clip, then stop recording to transfer a clip to the Phone. 

It makes more and more sense - this camera and smartphone app is designed only for TAPO CARE :( 

Options
2023-04-19 06:40:25

@MontagoDK 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this post.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Download recordings from SD Card instead of "record recordings from SD Card"
2023-07-31 13:31:32
Also for PPL who use full time recording. Good idea would be download FROM time TO time, and think about better scrolling, becouse using finger is terrible to set desired minute or second.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 411

Replies: 4

Voters 2