Some questions about Tapo camera that i don´t really understand :)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-01 08:09:51
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I have a few questions that I haven't really understood yet.

I thought maybe someone here could help me smiley

What is actually included when you buy a subscription?

How do you turn on the led lighting on the camera at night? I assume this is one of the features when buying a subscription because I only have IR.

I understand that you can change the settings in home mode and away mode, but if you go into the app then on the page where the live camera is broadcast, there are also settings for movement, for example. When do I change those settings?

Then you don't see if you have the away mode active or the home mode?

Do you have to manually click in the app when you leave the house to away mode every day? Then when you come home and spend time in the garden, do you manually change to home mode where I have turned off all the sensors?

If the power is interrupted, will my settings be retained?

I haven't gotten it to work very well yet. It detects every single leaf that moves even though it's on the lowest setting but so far I'm still happy! :)

Maybe there were a lot of questions, many thanks to those of you who want to help me, I'm a little lost.

Best Regards, have a nice day!

Phil

Options
1 Reply
Re:Some questions about Tapo camera that i don´t really understand :)
2023-06-02 08:47:33

@Phla 

Hi Phil,
1. You can refer to the link below to know more info about the Tapo Care service.
General Questions about Tapo Care
On the Camera Settings page of the Tapo C310 on the Tapo app, you can turn on the Status LED option and then the system LED will be on even at night, to use this feature don't need to subscribe to the Tapo Care service.

2. If you want to change Tapo Camera settings, you can go to the Tapo app>Cameras colume>click on Manage on a camera>tap the Settings icon at the top right corner>change the camera settings on the Camera Settings page.

3. Home mode and Away mode can quickly apply the preset settings to the camera, you can simply tap the mode you want to apply the settings no matter what settings your camera is using now. And here is the instruction to edit the Home mode and Away mode.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo camera?
If you want to switch the Home mode or Away mode, you need to log in to the Tapo app to switch them manually. The Home mode and Away mode include the preset settings to the camera's Detection & Alerts feature, if your camera settings have no difference in this feature when you leave home or arrive home, there is no need to switch the mode.

4. If the power is interrupted, the settings are retained.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 562

Replies: 1

Related Articles