Votes

Thin, Battery Operated Kasa Remote Smart Plug Control Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-08 00:38:48
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello.  There was a thread from 2021 that had my exact request, but no resolution and the thread has been closed.  If this idea is, somehow, more difficult than it seems, please communicate to the group as to why this isn't a brilliant idea.  Thanks.

I have Kasa TP Link smart plugs throughout my house.  I also have a few outdoor plugs used to turn on the Edison lights under our deck.  It works very well from the phone app, but what would be even better is to have a thin, battery operated wall switch that I can assign to a smart plug, and it will turn it on and off from the wall switch without needing to use the app.  It seems like the device should be able to send the same API that the app sends to activate this switch.  Given that the app knows the current state of the switch, it also seems like it would be easy to have a very small green LED on the switch to indicate that the circuit is activated.

This feature would mean that we can put lights and other devices anywhere we want in a room, place a small thin switch on the wall (synched to the specific smart plug) and, viola, you've got a functional wall switch without rewiring a room.  

Use standard dimensions and people can customize the plates to match the decor of their houses.

How cool would that be?

Stig O'Tracy

PS  I know, I could just take one of my old cell phones, put it in WiFi mode and duct tape it to the wall and leave it on the Kasa app all day long ... but that seems just a bit clunky.  :-)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Thin, Battery Operated Kasa Remote Smart Plug Control Switch
2023-06-08 08:28:25

@StigOTracy 

Hi,
You can check if the smart button Tapo S200B can meets your requirements.

And if you want to use the Tapo smart button and the Kasa plug together, please Join Tapo Version 3.0 Beta Test to obtain the beta Tapo app integrated with Kasa.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.