Baby cry detection only working from time to time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 13:00:16 - last edited 2023-07-10 13:32:04
Tags: #Baby cry detection
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.4

Hello,

I have a brand new Tapo C200 that I installed in my baby's room. Everything is setup correctly, and I enabled AI baby cry detection. Sometimes it works really well (sending me multiple notifications when my child cries a little too long but that's not an issue). And sometimes, my child cries multiple times during his nap, sometimes really loudly before my wife or I go to see him, and no notification is sent.

I tried multiple settings these last days (low, middle, high), but it changed nothing, sometimes it does not work for multiple days.

This is not a problem with notifications on my phone, because there is no notifications in the app's builtin history. Everything is correctly configured to send notifications.

I found that rebooting the camera seems to help but that is not always true.

It is to be noted that I have another C200, and from my testings it seems to also have the same issue.

I have no subscription to Tapo care either.

Any advice?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Baby cry detection only working from time to time
2023-07-11 08:43:51

@Mathieum 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report, and please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. On the Tapo app>Camera Settings page>Detection & Alerts>Activity Notifications, please describe your notification settings.

2. Please refer to the link below to troubleshoot if the Notification settings on the Tapo app are correct.
Why can’t I receive notifications after turning on Notifications?

3. Have you inserted an SD card into the camera? If so, and when your baby is crying but no notification is received on your phone, is a video clip recorded and saved into the SD card? Please share with us a time, date, and time zone when the issue happens for further analysis.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-11 09:02:53 - last edited 2023-07-11 09:09:16

@Solla-topee Hello, thanks for your response.

1. My notifications settings are as follow (my app is in French so I'll manually translate to English, this may note be 100% accurate):

• Activity notifications: ON
  • Activity type: all checked (including Baby cry detection)
  • Rich notifications : off (FYI no Tapo Care subscription)
  • Scheduling: always

2. Everything is configured as of the KB in my android settings. Again, this is not a smartphone-related issue because I do not see any missed notification in my Tapo event history.

3. No SD card.

A few more information:

• Yesterday I tried another reboot of one of my cameras. About 10 minutes after the reboot my child cried (not really loudly) and i immediately received a notification. After that, my baby cried again multiple times (louder) the following hours, and I got no notifications.
  • I also enabled motion detection, moved multiple times right in front of the camera, it also did not trigger any event.
  • After a few more testings, I can confirm I have the same behavior with both my C200 (same HW and FW version).

Options
2023-07-12 11:31:19

@Mathieum 

Hi,
When you move in front of the camera but don't receive the notification, or your baby is crying, but no notification is received, please go to the Tapo app>Home>tap the Message icon at the top right corner, and can you see the new notifications?

If not, please help confirm the model number and OS version of your phone and the version of the Tapo app. And I'll forward your case the tech team for further analysis.
Best Regards

Options
2023-07-12 11:40:46

@Solla-topee Hello

When I receive the notification (usually after a camera reboot), I can see the notification in the Message icon at the top right corner of the Tapo app.

When I do not receive the notification, there is no notification in the Message icon.

My phone is a OnePlus 8T running OxygenOS 13.1.

My Tapo app is version 2.16.112.

Options
2023-07-13 11:19:56

@Mathieum 

Hello,
We have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options
2023-10-30 20:23:57

@Mathieum Hi, I am having the exact same issue. The baby needs to cry for a long time 10 seconds at least for it to start recognizing and sending notification. This happens only every now and then and the notifications are not consistent. The crying detection was the whole reason why I bought C225 and now I have to return it. Really dissapointed!!!

Options
2023-10-31 09:29:42

@Aperexus 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report. Please help confirm the following information if you are willing to troubleshoot, and I'll try my best to help you.
1. When the problem happens, please record the exact time, date, and time zone when your baby starts to cry and when you receive the notification.

2. Please go to the camera's Live View page to record the video manually that shows the problem and send the video to me. 
You can send the video to your cloud server(such as Google Drive) and generate a link, then send me the link via private message to download it.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3018

Replies: 7

Tags

Baby cry detection
Related Articles