Turn on the switch w/o network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-20 16:25:08

Hi to all,

i have a router in my seaside home that sometimes looses the connection with the devices i've installed. In this case the only way to reconnect them would be to turn on/off the modem/router, but being far away it's a little bit complex. Can I use a smart plug? I mean: can I set it in such a way that i can remotely turn it off and then turn the modem off and then the plug turns on again even if no network is available?

Thanks for yr help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Turn on the switch w/o network
2023-07-21 10:37:59 - last edited 2023-07-21 10:39:34

@sondrio1957 

Hi
Thank you for reaching out to our community.

For your question, it's unable to turn off the Tapo plug via the Tapo app remotely when there is no internet connection.

If your modem/router has a reboot schedule feature, you can set up the feature to reboot the modem/router every day, and it may solve your problem.

Our Tapo plug has the On/Off Schedule feature either, and it works even if the internet is not working until you unplug it and plug it in. If your modem/router does not have the reboot schedule feature, you can use our smart plug to turn off and turn on the modem/router at a specific time. For example, you can turn off the modem/router at 3:00 am every day and turn it on at 3:05 am every day.

Hope the above suggestions can help you.

Best Regards

Options