Votes

Tapo Care Cloud Storage banner

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 17:47:38

Sorry  but can we have a "do not show again" option for annoying Tapo Care Cloud Storage ad? It's really irritating. I know the service exists, but I don't need it now. I know the cameras were inexpensive but Tapo offers no guarantee that these cameras will still be working 5 years from today, since they rely on Tapo servers to function, so at least don't bombard useres with ads. Thank you!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo Care Cloud Storage banner
2023-08-17 10:59:52

@RandyAndy 

Hi,

If you are mentioned the Tapo Care Cloud Storage card at the bottom of the camera's Live View page, there is a close icon at the right corner(as in the below picture) to close the card.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-17 11:07:59

@Solla-topee Hi, thanks for replying. I have tapped that 'X' close button many times but the banner keeps coming back. In fact, if you switch rapidly between the Home and Cameras tabs, you can see the card flashing by, which looksl like a bug. If it must be shown for marketing purposes, maybe reduce the frequency to once a week.

Here's a video showing the problem: https://youtu.be/U2TXX1X9-Lk. The app being used in the video is the 3.* beta but it also happens in the 2.* stable release.

Options
2023-08-21 11:29:10

@RandyAndy 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback here, I have forwarded your inquiry to the related team to evaluate, and our team is dedicated to analyzing and resolving the reported issues promptly to continuously improve our products and deliver the best performance possible.
We will release the Tapo app 3.x version soon, you can keep your Tapo app to the latest one to enjoy the new features and new interfaces.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.