Tapo c210 dosent continuous record

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-22 05:58:30
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

My b/new Tapo c210 will record from the home window when I press the camcorder icon. The time starts ticking & all good. However if I don't leave my phone on the Tapo app screen (ie: the phone screen auto switches off), it will stop recording until I open the app again & press record.

As soon as I don't have the Tapo app on my display (even though it is running on my phone in the background) it stops recording.

How do I make it record continuously even when my phone is switched off?

Thx

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo c210 dosent continuous record
2023-09-22 07:36:21 - last edited 2023-09-22 07:38:05

@BrentAllen 

Hi,
The manual recording works only when you open the Tapo app and go to the Live View page of the camera to press the record icon.

If you want the camera to record continuously even if you don't use the phone, please insert a microSD card into the camera, go to the Camera Settings page, enable the microSD card Recording feature, and set the Recording Schedule to continuous recording all the time.
The following FAQs may help you in this case.
How can I view continuous recordings of Tapo & Kasa cameras on the Tapo app?

General Information about using MicroSD Cards with TP-Link’s Kasa or Tapo Cameras

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 1

Related Articles