firmware fail device P110

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-12 00:19:21
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I had problem with device P110. I did mistake and do something strange:

Device fully works but need to change settings - reset.

I started P110 in setup mode.

Tapo beta push add device P100 - found (yes, wrong - 100 - not 110!)

and after successfully added I got firmware upgrade.. restart device

and now when I turn off - it's click but still giving power.

Factory reset not helping.

I guess wrong firmware was installed - how I can restore old or repair it?

Regards,

Dawid.

Options
3 Reply
Re:firmware fail device P110
2023-10-27 06:30:44

@DawidM 

This problem is unlikely caused by firmware update. What kind of appliance are you connected to this plug? 

Are you able to cut off the power supply by the Power button?

Try to unplug this device for a while. If the plug still cannot be turned off with the power button, there is a hardware problem with its relay. You may contact retailer or local TP-Link support to proceed warranty. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-10-27 10:26:14

@Wayne-TP yes, like i set - wrong firmware.

I can do everything (almost working except off). Using power button dont cut power, software dont cut power. Maybe some way I can reverse firmeware?

Options
2023-10-30 03:21:45

@DawidM 

Device firmware is sent to the device through the cloud, it has nothing to do with the App. You may double-check the model on the information printed on the plug itself.

The App is able to find and match the correct model if the wrong one is selected during the configuration, or it won't discover the device at all. It's impossible that the App matched the wrong model for the device.

Tapo P110 is a smart plug with an energy monitor feature, can you check if the Energy Usage section is available on this device's page? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 460

Replies: 3

Related Articles