Votes

[Cameras] Auto-Reboot on pro-longed disconnect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 10:10:58 - last edited 2023-11-08 10:12:29
Tags: #Options
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 230621

Hello!

From time to time.. very randomly like today, a camera can fall off the network only to never reconnect again. 
Something has happend with my mounted C520WS and I'm at work... So I got another 6 hours before I'm home and
can check whats up with the device. (security concern!?! 0 eyes on the porch)

Most likely this is a issue resolved by a simple power-cycle.
Now to prevent this situation happening again I'm already planning on putting the cameras
transformer behind a smart-plug so I can power-cycle it remotely. In my opinion an uggly solution
to a simple problem.

SUGGESTION/FEATURE REQUEST BELOW

Give us a settings option in which the camera will reboot itself
if it is disconnected from the network for a period longer than <User Defined>.

Options
1 Reply
Re:[Cameras] Auto-Reboot on pro-longed disconnect
2023-11-09 09:31:48

@Fettkeewl 

Hi,
On the camera's Device Settings page on the Tapo app, you can go to the Reboot Camera to enable the Auto Reboot feature and set the Reboot Time, and the camera may have a more stable connection if it reboots regularly.

Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

Options