KS220M dying out of nowhere

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-14 14:05:32
Model: KS220M  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hello,

I currently have a KS220M installed for my kitchen. Everything work no problem but for no reason, it has started to stop working. What I mean is I trigger it either from the motion sensor, the physical button or the app and the light doesn't come on. Sometime, I saw it kind of flash and this morning it simply shutdown. When this happen, any action doesn't turn on the light even if the device/app show it has light at 100%. I found out that if I press reset on the switch, the light come back on and work for a while.

Did anyone had the same problem?

Thank you

Options
5 Reply
Re:KS220M dying out of nowhere
2023-11-15 06:59:52

@Nodiaque 

How long have you been using this smart switch? Does its LED indicator change when attempting to control it with the physical button?

Did you press the Reset button once or long-press it?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-15 12:13:52

@Wayne-TP 

Hello,

i think I had the switch about a year. When this happen, nothing make the switch work. Either the physical button, the apps, nothing. It has a feedback showing it's opening/closing or changing the brightness of the light but the light doesn't swith.

I only pressed the reset for it to restart.

Thank you

Options
2023-11-16 08:49:36 - last edited 2023-11-17 02:52:58

@Nodiaque 

It seems like you pressed the Restart button instead of the Reset, can you verify it? The reset button is on the left and it should be pressed for at least 5s (soft reset) to work. 

Try to perform a factory reset on the KS220M and reconfigure it. Monitor if the problem still exists. 
How to Factory Reset KS220M: Press and hold for about 10 seconds until the LED blinks amber rapidly to factory reset the dimmer switch.

What's LED status of the switch when it hangs? Can you hear a click sound when switching on and off?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-16 12:44:51

@Wayne-TP Hello, I pressed the right button and when I did, the light on the dimmer start blinking while it was reconnecting to wifi. It was a single click, no hold and I didn't had to reconfigure it.

When it does that, everything on the switch itself work like normal one. The button will click, the led on the switch itself will show the current brightness level, etc. I though at first my light was the problem. You cannot see by the switch that the switch is not doing it's work.

This switch never made a click like a relay click when the light is triggered on/off like the non dimmer switch.

Thank you

Options
2023-11-17 03:08:50 - last edited 2023-11-17 03:15:12

@Nodiaque 

How often does the problem occur? Please confirm what state the switch/light was in when the problem occurred. Does this problem only occur when they are turned off (resulting in the inability to turn on the switch/light)? Or problems may occur no matter what state the Switch is in?

The tech team was made aware of your issue, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 615

Replies: 5

Related Articles