Cannot access tapo cam sd card on PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-06 03:08:58
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hi, I have been using a Tapo C210 camera and recording using SanDisk High Endurance micro SD without issues. 
However, when I take out the SD card insert it into my PC through a USB with the adapter which came with it, my PC says please insert drive. The drive is not readable. I have tried other devices that can read the SD card adapter through USB, and all show that there's nothing on the drive and cannot be read. I have also adjusted autoplay settings on my PC and it does not make a difference.
When i place it back into the camera, i can view the videos through the Tapo app without issue and have downloaded 1-2 videos from the app into my phone without issue.
Please help, thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot access tapo cam sd card on PC
2024-01-08 09:31:40

@treecat 

Hi,
Since the microSD card is working on our Tapo camera, I think the SD card is working. If your PC says please insert driver, you can go to the SD card's official website to download and install the driver for it to have a try.

If you don't mind removing the video recordings, you can also try to format the SD card on your PC or Tapo app and check if the SD card will work when connecting to your PC.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 1

Related Articles