Tapo doorbell D230

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Tapo doorbell D230

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Tapo doorbell D230
Tapo doorbell D230
2024-01-22 21:16:19 - last edited 2024-01-23 07:34:10
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I noticed tonite that my doorbell on the app was showing as "off line." The battery has been at 49% and the unit working fine ( purchased Nov 2023). I took off cover and water was holding in battery chamber. I changed the battery and dried the unit but I cannot get the unit to turn on now. Interestingly the original battery will now not charge.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo doorbell D230
2024-01-23 08:42:12

@Daffydd16 

The doorbell is likely to be damaged if there is water in the battery chamber. Can you recall whether the waterproof ring on the battery cover part of the backplate was installed properly and whether the backplate was seated tightly? All these can lead to a leak.

Where is the doorbell installed? Is it completely outdoors, or is it installed under a porch?

Did you use the 3M adhesive to attach the doorbell to the wall? Or was it mounted to the wall? Is there any gap between the doorbell and the wall? Can you take a picture of the doorbell from the side?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 1

Related Articles