Votes

Controlling access permit to shared cameras

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-23 11:18:53 - last edited 2024-01-23 11:24:34
Model: Tapo C210   Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all

I think it would be great to restrict viewing times for shared users.

Situation I have is that I have Nanny looking after by baby and my wife and I both work full day.

So, I have installed 10 cameras in the house and I also have shared with both grand parents to see whenever they want to as we live away from them.

I have also noticed that both grand parents sees the camera quite often as they miss grand child, so it kinda like they are my security guards for our child.

But problem I have is sometimes we want privacy for ceratin cameras or at certain hours.

For example, we don't want our parents to watch us sleeping or hear us having private conversation.

Yes, of course there is privacy mode that can be turned on so they cannot watch us. But then the camera also stops recording. We want the camera to keep continue to record but not visible to shared users when privace mode is on. Also, triggering this privacy mode on and off is also irritating. Would be nice to set timer for privacy mode on/off.

Here are summary of functions I would love to use.

1. Function to switch on/off recording whether privacy mode is on or off.

2. Function to switch on/of camera's microphone for shared users. (so that we can allow them to watch only or watch and hear)

3. Timer setting to switch on/off privacy mode.

4. Tapo App specifically made for Windows & Mac OS (not the complicated software like iSpy, VLC player, etc)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Controlling access permit to shared cameras
2024-01-24 06:44:13

@Justin109 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature requests.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

About the Timer Settings to switch on/off privacy mode, you may achieve it via the Smart Action>Shortcut feature.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?
For example, you can go to the Smart tab, add a Shortcut entry, on the Add Action, select turn on Privacy Mode, enable Delay Action, and select the time you want the action to take effect after pressing the Shortcut entry.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.