Camera alarms sounding when turned off

2024-03-31 07:21:53 - last edited 2024-04-14 09:10:47
Model: Tapo C400S2  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

I have 4 x C400S2 cameras around my house and even though I have alarm turned off in the app, whenever I switch to Away Mode, if they detect movement, the alarm goes off. How do I set the system to just send me a notification ad not make the postman jump when he delivers!!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Camera alarms sounding when turned off-Solution
2024-04-01 11:35:32 - last edited 2024-04-14 09:10:47

@CorporalHicks-1 

Hi,
The Away mode and Home mode are two different sets of Detection, Alarm, and Notification settings for cameras. You can tap the button on the Tapo app>Cameras tab to quickly apply the preset settings to the cameras when you are home or away. However, please note that the settings in the Home/Away mode will overwrite the current settings.

In your situation, it may be the Away mode has enabled the Alarm feature for the Tapo C400, so when you switch to Away mode, the camera alarm when detecting an event.
You can refer to the instructions below to edit the Home and Away mode and check if it helps.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo&Kasa Cameras on the Tapo app?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Camera alarms sounding when turned off-Solution
2024-04-01 11:35:32 - last edited 2024-04-14 09:10:47

@CorporalHicks-1 

Hi,
The Away mode and Home mode are two different sets of Detection, Alarm, and Notification settings for cameras. You can tap the button on the Tapo app>Cameras tab to quickly apply the preset settings to the cameras when you are home or away. However, please note that the settings in the Home/Away mode will overwrite the current settings.

In your situation, it may be the Away mode has enabled the Alarm feature for the Tapo C400, so when you switch to Away mode, the camera alarm when detecting an event.
You can refer to the instructions below to edit the Home and Away mode and check if it helps.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo&Kasa Cameras on the Tapo app?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 213

Replies: 1

Related Articles