Votes

Allow live viewing for more than 5 minutes at a time.

Votes

2024-04-10 21:10:51
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Is there any word on the possibility of allowing live viewing for more than 5 minutes without the nag screen asking you if you want to keep watching?

It would be great if we could do this.  Sometimes I need to monitor activity for more than 5 minutes at a time and that nag screen every 5 minutes is a pain. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Allow live viewing for more than 5 minutes at a time.
2024-04-11 08:21:38

@SDGTR 

Hi,
If your phone and the camera are on the same network, you will be able to watch the camera's live view page continuously. You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if you're prompted to continue viewing after several minutes when on the same network.
Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?
Best Regards

Options
2024-04-11 13:57:03

@Solla-topee 

Solla-topee wrote

@SDGTR 

Hi,
If your phone and the camera are on the same network, you will be able to watch the camera's live view page continuously. You can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if you're prompted to continue viewing after several minutes when on the same network.
Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?
Best Regards

Thanks, I read through that and understand the reasoning, in particular the need to minimize the use of cloud services.  As for the bandwidth usage for individual users, I think that should be up to the user to determine whether they have a data cap or data use restrictions and make the decision themselves.  

But regarding the cloud services and 5 minute limit, how about making removing the 5 minute limit one of the features of a Tapo Care subscription?  I plan on subscribing and it would be great if that was one of the benefits.   

Options
2024-04-12 11:12:14

@SDGTR 

Hi,
Currently, there is no plan to make removing the 5-minute limit one of the features of a Tapo Care subscription, but I'll keep logging the feature request and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 376

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.