Camera triggers events out of activity zone(s)

2024-05-12 08:02:48
Model: Tapo C420S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.17 Build 20240305 rel.75572

Hello everyone,

I'm currently experiencing issues with notifications.

I have setup my C420 camera to detect motion and persons in a very specific area of its field of view that does not include the nearby road at all. Due to the peculiar shape I have currently drawn two areas with a minimal overlap, that should trigger events for the said categories (not interested in pets nor vehicles)

Yet, any car or person *outside* the aforementioned areas keep getting triggered (and obviously notified) by the camera. I tried reducing sensitivity and shrinking detection area to avoid any possible error on my part but nothing worked and I am currently forced to disable notifications which is obviously not what I purchased the camera for in the first place.

Hub and camera firmware appear to be up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Camera triggers events out of activity zone(s)
2024-05-15 02:35:34

@Turrican3 

Check if you have set the activity zone for both detection types?  Camera will detect the movements in the whole area if the activity zone is not set. 

Try to reduce the detection sensitivity. 

Can you share pictures of your motion and person detection detection settings here?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-05-15 09:27:56

@Wayne-TP

Sure, there you go.

(blurred the external area to avoid privacy issues - please note sensitivity is set to 7, not 4)

Options
2024-05-16 08:37:13

@Turrican3 

Can you send some videos of the false detection with me via PM? Upload it to your personal cloud drive or YouTube then send the link.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-05-16 10:21:48
Not sure whether the PM was sent or not because system asked me to login again, re-sending in a few minutes.
Options