Can't buy a TAPO D230S1 without buying a hub?

2024-05-15 19:12:31 - last edited 2024-05-17 06:32:20
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello Tapo world. This is purely astonishing.. i am searching to purchase a doorbell model TAPO D230S1 and i can see it contains a hub in the package and there's no other way to get it without one. Why the hell in the world there is no option to buy this as a standalone for those people that already have an H100 or other hub? This is purely stupid. I really hope something happens here cause you're making a fool of yourselves.

Attaching Amazon Spain Tapo link here:

https://www.amazon.es/stores/Tapo/page/4AA3EE59-4F54-4832-B2CB-E927C87445FF?ref_=ast_bln&store_ref=bl_ast_dp_brandLogo_sto

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't buy a TAPO D230S1 without buying a hub?-Solution
2024-05-16 09:48:28 - last edited 2024-05-17 06:32:20

@Floriano42 

Tapo H100 does not work with the Tapo D230 as it's mainly designed for IoT devices and doesn't have SD card slot.

Regarding the availability of individual product sales, we advise reaching out to our local support team, as sales plans may differ by country.

However, based on the search results from TP-Link Spain, it appears that this model is not yet available for individual purchase (Only the Kit model Tapo D230S1 is listed). We encourage you to provide feedback to our local support team, as market feedback plays a crucial role in influencing our product planning strategies.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't buy a TAPO D230S1 without buying a hub?-Solution
2024-05-16 09:48:28 - last edited 2024-05-17 06:32:20

@Floriano42 

Tapo H100 does not work with the Tapo D230 as it's mainly designed for IoT devices and doesn't have SD card slot.

Regarding the availability of individual product sales, we advise reaching out to our local support team, as sales plans may differ by country.

However, based on the search results from TP-Link Spain, it appears that this model is not yet available for individual purchase (Only the Kit model Tapo D230S1 is listed). We encourage you to provide feedback to our local support team, as market feedback plays a crucial role in influencing our product planning strategies.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't buy a TAPO D230S1 without buying a hub?
2024-05-16 09:53:59

Hello Wayne and thanks for replying so quickly. Upon further digging i realize why the hub that comes with the doorbell is needed. However, for the sake of not ending up with 10 hubs in a home, maybe you guys should consider options where people are already committed to your brand and should be able to use multiple devices on 1 hub for ease of use. Also, i made a suggestion to improve another item i own from your company and apparently no official member of your team even acknowledged my suggestion. It would be cool to receive some kind of feedback because my request is purely based on using your products and trying to get the most out of them.

Have a lovely day,

Florin

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 568

Replies: 2

Related Articles