No power despite full battery charge on my doorbell

2024-06-06 14:15:37 - last edited 2024-06-14 05:43:33
Tags: #No Power
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version:

My Tapo device has been working fine for months. I changed the battery as I often do. I have 2 and swap them when the other needs charged.

I couldnt get any power to the doorbell at all. I have uninstalled, reset and all troubleshooting options but I just cant get the power back to the doorbell. Without the LED I can't pair it 

Any other ideas of how to get the power back?

Thank you 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:No power despite full battery charge on my doorbell-Solution
2024-06-07 06:27:41 - last edited 2024-06-14 05:43:33

@Kingsknowe-EH14 

Hi,
Below is the instruction to charge the battery and insert it into the camera, when you power on the doorbell camera, please ensure the battery is fully charged and the hardware connection is no problem between the camera and the battery.
Tapo Battery Pack (Tapo A100) Unboxing and Charging
Since you have two batteries, you can also swap the battery for a try.

On the doorbell camera, try to press the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset it when a battery is inserted, if the status LED is not on, you can contact your retailer or local support to check if the camera is under warranty.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:No power despite full battery charge on my doorbell-Solution
2024-06-07 06:27:41 - last edited 2024-06-14 05:43:33

@Kingsknowe-EH14 

Hi,
Below is the instruction to charge the battery and insert it into the camera, when you power on the doorbell camera, please ensure the battery is fully charged and the hardware connection is no problem between the camera and the battery.

On the doorbell camera, try to press the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset it when a battery is inserted, if the status LED is not on, you can contact your retailer or local support to check if the camera is under warranty.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:No power despite full battery charge on my doorbell
2024-06-07 08:17:22

@Solla-topee  Thanks for taking the time to reply. You are a great help. I managed to get a call with one of the support team and it's been confirmed that the unit has developed a fault. It's going through the warranty process now. I've been really happy with the product and look forward to receiving my replacement.

Solla-topee wrote

@Kingsknowe-EH14 

Hi,

Best Regards

Options
Re:No power despite full battery charge on my doorbell
2024-06-07 10:19:37

@Kingsknowe-EH14 

Hi,

Thank you for your support of our product! smiley

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357