Tapo P100 Smart Plug not showing Costing at all.

2024-08-02 01:10:18 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 230905 rel.152200

Hi I bought a whole lot of these to monitor my energy usage/consumption.   But l realized that the cost function is not working. It is always showing the same value for the day,month, year.

I just updated the app to the latest version (02/08/2024) with the latest firmware.  Am l doing something wrong is is this bugged?

You can see from the month and the year pages the energy usage but the cost still stays the same. My cost is 34cents per kwh.

Month  Total

Year total

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo P100 Smart Plug not showing Costing at all.-Solution
2024-08-02 11:03:17 - last edited a week ago

@Jack50au 

The new electricity rate will only be applied to the new-generated energy consumption (kWh) afterwards, the previous data still use the old electricity rate.  

If the electricity rate has been changed, the formula to calculate your electricity bill is : 
Cost = (kilowatt-hours)  x (Old electricity rate)+ (kilowatt-hours) x ( New electricity rate)

BTW, the device model should be a Tapo P110 or P115. The P100 does not support energy monitoring feature.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 Smart Plug not showing Costing at all.-Solution
2024-08-02 11:03:17 - last edited a week ago

@Jack50au 

The new electricity rate will only be applied to the new-generated energy consumption (kWh) afterwards, the previous data still use the old electricity rate.  

If the electricity rate has been changed, the formula to calculate your electricity bill is : 
Cost = (kilowatt-hours)  x (Old electricity rate)+ (kilowatt-hours) x ( New electricity rate)

BTW, the device model should be a Tapo P110 or P115. The P100 does not support energy monitoring feature.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options