odd names of videos

odd names of videos

odd names of videos
odd names of videos
a week ago - last edited Saturday
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

I download videos and they have baffling names, requiring me to rename them manually.

Coupled with the joy of getting a 5 minute warning watching the live stream that appears seemingly at random, and the corporate speak about the issue...

well I suppose I should look for another brand.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:odd names of videos-Solution

@P_Dog 

Hi,
1. The name(1725615627) of the video recording downloaded from the SD card on an Android phone is actually the creation time of the video, but it is presented in the form of a timestamp. You need to convert it to see the actual date & time (such as convert on https://www.epochconverter.com/).

2. When you see the videos stored on the SD card on a PC, you can see the video name such as "20240903_070409", this is the start time of a video, and it refers to Sep 3, 2024, 07:04:09.

Regarding the experience of difficulty in identifying the name of video clips downloaded from SD, we have feedback to the relevant departments for evaluation to improve the product and user experience. For Tapo C225, it may show the same name format as the Tapo C210. 

3. To see the live feed of the camera continuously on the phone has something to do with the network connection and usage scenario, you can refer to the suggestions in this link for troubleshooting. If the problem remains and you are willing to do further troubleshooting, please describe your usage scenario and the troubleshooting you have done. 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:odd names of videos
a week ago

@P_Dog 

Hi,
1. Have you downloaded the video clips from the cloud server or the SD card? What name of the videos, and where did you see the name?

2. If you can't watch the camera's live feed continuously, please refer to the following instructions.
Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee 

1.downloaded from the camera to the phone. also took the card out and tried that. There should be no cloud involved, maybe that is the problem.

downloaded onto the phone the videos are a string of meaningless to me numbers.

from card

some thumbnails such as...

1725594861_1725594994_02.jpg

videos themselves are called something like 20240903_070409_tp00003.mp4 this starts with the date but I can not make sense of the time.

Somehow on Android phone these videos seem to be getting the internal thumbnail names instead of being prefixed with the date, but if I 'download' the same video it gets another name but no indication it has already been downloaded.

2. It does not make sense that day one I ran the app both on my phone and another device at the same time with no troubles.

Regrettably, I returned it.

I await a c225.

Options
Re:odd names of videos-Solution

@P_Dog 

Hi,
1. The name(1725615627) of the video recording downloaded from the SD card on an Android phone is actually the creation time of the video, but it is presented in the form of a timestamp. You need to convert it to see the actual date & time (such as convert on https://www.epochconverter.com/).

2. When you see the videos stored on the SD card on a PC, you can see the video name such as "20240903_070409", this is the start time of a video, and it refers to Sep 3, 2024, 07:04:09.

Regarding the experience of difficulty in identifying the name of video clips downloaded from SD, we have feedback to the relevant departments for evaluation to improve the product and user experience. For Tapo C225, it may show the same name format as the Tapo C210. 

3. To see the live feed of the camera continuously on the phone has something to do with the network connection and usage scenario, you can refer to the suggestions in this link for troubleshooting. If the problem remains and you are willing to do further troubleshooting, please describe your usage scenario and the troubleshooting you have done. 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee ah thanks

1. thanks for submitting feedback on that, and telling me what it is.

3. The problems I had was with the c210 started when trying to monitor real time with 2 devices. Even with one it should attempt to auto connect without user having to manual command it.

I did run a network analyzer from both devices though one was an emulated device and did not show me the ping times, but I could see it pinging.

I am guessing because there is only 1 channel on the c210, and 4 on the c225 perhaps I won't have this problem at all.

Options
a week ago

@P_Dog 

Hi,
The key to whether you can watch the camera live feed continuously is whether the phone is streaming the camera locally or not. If the camera is streamed remotely through our cloud server, you will see a prompt to continue viewing the camera after several minutes. If the camera is streamed locally, you can watch it continuously.
Tapo camera (including C210 and C225) supports no more than 3 devices to stream it locally at the same time.

If the camera and phone are connected to the same network but a prompt to continue viewing the camera appears after several minutes, it is recommended to refer to Case 1 in the link to troubleshooting.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 84

Replies: 5

Related Articles