C720 - Auto On by Camera Detection is not working?

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Tags: #Floodlight
Model: Tapo C720  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

For some reason, the camera based Floodlight Auto On feature on my C720 is not working.  For example when walking across the camera view, recording is triggered correctly but the floodlight does NOT turn on at the same time.

Here is my Floodlight Auto On settings:

To be more specific  Sensor based floodlight trigger is working, but if I only enabled Camera based trigger the light did not turn on even when person / vehicle came into view.

Here is me walking across the camera view, notice the camera is still in IR mode...

PS this is my third TAPO camera so I'd like to think I am not a complete newbie with the Tapo app :D

Thank you for any advise you can give

Options
5 Reply
Re:C720 - Auto On by Camera Detection is not working?
a week ago

@HomeUser1999 

Hi,
In this case, please check the sensitivity value of the enabled detection types on the Tapo C720.
Best Regards

Options
Saturday - last edited Saturday

Thanks for the reply.

However the problem is not with detection, just the flood light not switch on when using Camera Auto-On.

eg When person or car  goes near the camera: an event is detected, I got notification in the app and local recording also started. The only missing part is that the floodlight did NOT switch on.

Sensor Auto-On is working but it is not what I wanted to use.  I want to understand why Camera Auto-On is not working for me, is that a hardware or software issue that can be fixed?

Thank you.

Options
Saturday

@HomeUser1999 

Hi,
Thank you for your updates, I understand your detection feature is working. 
The reported issue may be related to the design of the Floodlight Auto On feature, and I need the sensitivity value of the enabled detection types to further clarify the issue.
Best Regards

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

@Solla-topee 

I see, here is my current setting:

Person Detection Sensitivity: 6

Vehicle Detection Sensitivity: 6

Thank you.

Options
13 hours ago

@HomeUser1999 

Hi,
Thank you for the information provided. I have escalated the case to the tech team, and they will contact you via email to continue the troubleshooting.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 5

Tags

Floodlight
Related Articles