Waiting for Home Assistant integration approval?

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought two C225 a V1 and afterwards a V2 because of the good feedback online about the ability to integrate them with Home Assistant. They worked great for me as well with the integration making me able to set privacy mode based upon different more efficient presense sensors which I have.

As the Tapo team are aware of, after changing how the cloud password works, they made this integration unusable. The creator of the integration has made a modified version which should work, but is awaiting approval on a code review from you. It's been more than 3 weeks since this started. How is this going? When can we expect a solution?

My cameras are currently not usable as I'm not comfortable with running cameras 24/7 in my home without automating the privacy mode.

Thanks,

John

Options
1 Reply
Re:Waiting for Home Assistant integration approval?
a week ago

@JohnNorway 

Email communications between users and the support team are confidential. We are unable to provide further information about it.

To ensure the performance and stability of the device, Tapo API is not open to the public. We do not provide support for any unauthorized usage. Based on the described phenomenon, it seems that the latest update may have addressed some security-related issues, which could have caused certain unauthorized open-source usages to become unavailable.

For security reasons, we do not recommend managing your device using unauthorized methods.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options