Can't Login to Tether--Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-22 09:51:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased an Archer C7 router. I have installed Tether. When it asks me to select the router, I select the Archer C7 (It's the only one that shows up). It then asks me to sign in with my password to manage my device. I configured it in such a way as I know my password in any circumstance and I can't possible be wrong. But, just to be on the safe side, I reset the router --twice-- to reset the password just in case I was getting it wrong. There is no possible way it is incorrect. Still, I have tried many possiblilties and I just cannot get in. Anyone had this problem or knows what is going on?

Thank you!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't Login to Tether--Archer C7
2017-10-23 14:15:21
The default login username and password are both admin
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1581.html
Options
2017-10-25 15:06:54
Are you connecting with the Guest Network of Archer C7, in this case, Tether will fail to login.
Options
2020-04-12 16:06:01

@Enson Loo 

Curious, Tether is on my cell phone and lets me administer the RE205 Extender.  When I log in with Tether, all I see is a question about an email address.  Is there an email address now?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3313

Replies: 3

Related Articles