Limit on number of IP addresses that can be reserved?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-05 10:09:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Using the option under the "Advanced" menu, I am attempting to reserve IP addresses for various devices on my network. Everything went fine for the first ten or so devices, but then it stopped working -- I cannot reserve the IP address for any aditional device When I select a device whose IP I want to reserve and tap "Save", an "X" appears and the device is not added to the list of reserved IPs. Is there a limit on the number of IP addresses that can be reserved? If not, any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Limit on number of IP addresses that can be reserved?
2017-12-05 14:00:49
Yes, I believe there's a limit, the limit is 16.
Options
2017-12-17 00:38:16
I have the C3200 and I have 32 reservations in place. When I try to add a 33rd, I get a popup message saying "Error Code 9812" and "The number of entries has reached its limit".
The message *should* pop up as soon as you click the Add button (if you already have 32 entries) - but it lets you populate the MAC address, IP and description (completely wasting your time) and the message doesn't appear until you click 'Save'.

Does anyone know if it's possible to extend the number of reservations to 64 or even 128 (without replacing the firmware) ?

I do know that I could load an open source firmware (such as DD-WRT) - or turn off DHCP and install a more robust DHCP server on a different device/server on my network - but I am specifically asking if there is any way that I can "tune", "tweak" or "adjust" the existing Archer C3200 firmware to allow more entries...
Options
2018-09-26 21:11:21
Hello

Any development regarding this 16 address limit?
Options
2020-06-16 14:56:45
Mine Deco M9 Plus also have 16 ip limit
Options
2021-06-19 23:53:42

That is VERY POOR programing. A so called modern router with a max of 16  address reservations? Wow welcome to the early 1980's.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2092

Replies: 5

Related Articles