Archer C9 - WDS to uVerse NVG589 - Wifi/WDS stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-06 09:45:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a the UVerse router/modem combo mentioned above, limited to 2.4GHz.

I have a brand new, firmware updated to latest Archer C9 V3 connected over 2.4GHz to the NVG589 using WDS. I followed TP-Link's instructions for configuring WDS and it worked well. I can access the internet at similar speeds as when connected to the native UVerse router and devices (Synology NAS) wired directly to the router are accessible.

My intention is to use the 5GHz WiFi for our home network. This for the most part works, however twice in two days since I installed the router, things have stopped working:
- WiFi 2.4GHz/5GHz signals are visible from laptop, but no connection can be made
- WDS Status goes from "Run" to "Disabled" though the page where this is enabled for 2.4GHz still shows the option checked/enabled.

I can still get to the admin site on the router via a hard-wired desktop computer to see these things.

Rebooting the router seems to fix the issue temporarily.

It was working this evening, we ran out for about 90 minutes for dinner, came back and it was kaput.

Any tips on solving this or ideas where to go from here other than an Amazon return?

FWIW I was previously using a very old router limited to 10/100 ethernet ports with DD-WRT in wireless bridge mode. This was a rock solid stable setup, just very slow.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 864

Replies: 0

Related Articles