TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band ... Wireless 5Ghz keeps dropping connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-15 02:20:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I purchased the TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router, 2.4GHz 450Mbps+5Ghz 1300Mbps about two years ago from Amazon and have had no issues with it until recently. Every day the 5ghz drops connection and wont correct itself unless I restarted the router. I was reading that Chromecast/ Google Homes may be the issue, but I believe I have the most recent firmware on those devices... They are all on the 5ghz network. Note that I have 3 chromecast and 3 google home devices. I also downloaded the latest firmware ( Archer C7(US)_V2_180114) on my router... it did not fix the issue. When the 5ghz network goes down, the wifi is still able to be connected to, but there is no internet signal. The 2.4 ghz network seems to not be affected when the 5ghz goes down. Is anyone else having similar issues?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band ... Wireless 5Ghz keeps dropping connection
2018-03-22 10:33:30
try to change 5G channel and check firmware update
Options