Archer C9 slow wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C9 slow wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C9 slow wifi
Archer C9 slow wifi
2018-03-21 04:30:47
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

I am getting only 50mbs download speeds with the Archer C9, both on 2.4 and 5 ghz. Definitely the router as an RCN tech attached his router and got 160 mbs. Hardware ver is 3. Any ideas appreciated.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C9 slow wifi
2018-03-22 10:08:51
How about wired speed of the Archer C9? if wired speed is normal, changing wifi channel and channel width usually improves the wireless speed, if not, maybe you can check the firmware update
Options
2018-03-24 08:26:01
I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version, this had no effect on wireless speeds. By changing the channel on the 5 Ghz band I am now getting 160 mbps, however I did not have the same luck with 2.4 Ghz. Tried every channel and the most I can get is 52 mbps. This appears to be a bandwidth issue and for now I am satisfied with the results. Thank you for your suggestions.
Options
2018-04-09 00:46:24
I have the same issue with my Archer C9, the range of 5Ghz is not good at all.
So what channel did you changed it to so you get best wifi-speed for 5Ghz ?

Svsportsman wrote

I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version, this had no effect on wireless speeds. By changing the channel on the 5 Ghz band I am now getting 160 mbps, however I did not have the same luck with 2.4 Ghz. Tried every channel and the most I can get is 52 mbps. This appears to be a bandwidth issue and for now I am satisfied with the results. Thank you for your suggestions.
Options
2018-04-10 06:44:12
Channel 36, bandwidth auto
Options
Something to try
2018-04-10 20:34:20
Try
Power down all of the WIFI devices
Power off/on the router
Check that no WIFI devices connected.
Power on a WIFI device that can check the speed
Connect it to the 5 Ghz and check the speed
Connect it to the 2.4 Ghz and check the speed
If all is well, power up each of the other WIFI devices checking the speed after each

I suspect you may have an older device that may cause it to run slower such as an old printer that runs in "G" mode.

Hope this helps.
Options
2020-12-10 08:08:34

I also got the Wifi speed back to normal by changing the channel. I can now video conference again and watch Youtube videos in HD.

But is not the idea with auto channel that it selects the best one?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3491

Replies: 6

Related Articles