Upgraded Wifi Router but Slower 2.4 Ghz speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-11 00:30:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I Just upgraded from a TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 (because it kept loosing signal) to a TP-Link Archer AC1200. Everything about the modem works fine, and the download speeds on the 5.0 Ghz is slightly higher from the original modem (it went from an average of 85 Mb/s to 110Mb/s). However, the 2.4 Ghz frequency has decreased in bandwidth with the new modem (from an average of 79Mb/s down to 54 Mb/s). I logged into the original router and went through the settings and compared them to the new router and they seem to be the same as far as I can tell. Any help would be appreciated.

As a side note this is the second new router I have purchased, the first one was a TP-Link N300 (TC-W7960) which I returned because of the slower speeds, I simply thought that the router was slower than my original and returned it. Then I bought the TP-Link Archer AC1200 and I am experiencing the same problem.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Upgraded Wifi Router but Slower 2.4 Ghz speed
2018-05-11 13:53:56
how about the wireless negotiation speed of 2.4G? how you test the speed?
It's recommended to connect one client to the router and run three times on www.speedtest.net

Try to change channel width into 40MHz and test the speed at 2-3 meters away from the router.
Options
Re:Upgraded Wifi Router but Slower 2.4 Ghz speed
2018-05-15 00:10:00
I do not know what you mean by wireless negotiation speed. and I was testing it with the bing speed test. Changing it to the 40MHz seemed to do the trick. Are there any small changes like that to get the best out of my 5MHz router? thank you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 879

Replies: 2