iTroubles with AP500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

iTroubles with AP500

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
iTroubles with AP500
iTroubles with AP500
2018-06-26 02:40:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My latest upgrade to our office network infrastructure is the AP500. The DHCP server is on, since my wired router is static. I did not do any firmware upgrades. All of my wireless devices work flawlessly except for my iPad, and iPhone. both devices connect and get an IP and look as if all is well, but internet is basically non existent. web sites will try to load at an extremely slow pace and time out. I have tried multiple changes in wireless settings, channels, width, encryption, all with no improvement. We have 4 MacBooks which work fine so its not just an apple thing. The stranger thing is I have the exact same AP500 at home with no issues on iDevices. Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, and better yet a fix for this. Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Update
2018-06-28 00:33:20
I have now tried an Android smartphone and it has the same issues. So every smartphone can connect, get an IP, show the correct DNS and still not use the internet. While any laptop, Macbook, or wireless desktop works fine. Strange.
Options
Re:iTroubles with AP500
2019-03-01 21:27:51

I've had this same problem with other mfgr's APs (Engenius ENS620-Ext) & a TP-Link RE305, with these devices connecting to 2.4GHz & then becpming very slow or unable to access the internet;  Android phone (v7.1) Lenovo Tab4-10 (v8.1), Amazon Tap & a WeatherFlow "Hub" ... the solution for me was to disable the 5GHz radio in the RE305 AP, even though all the devices  I justed listed only have 2.4 GHz radios, that solved the problem ... also, some of them seem to be very picky about the WPA/WPA2 & PSK/AES settings in the RE305 & the ENS620 ... so play around with those settings in your APs & see what happens with your setup ...  

Options
2019-03-11 21:36:15

@Efficient 

Some iOS devices prefer to be on higher channels while using 2.4 or 5GHz wireless.  If the channel selections are set to Auto.  Try manually setting them to Channel 11 for 2.4GHz and any of the upper 4 channels for 5GHz.  This usually solves this type of problem.

Best Regards 

Options
2019-06-14 22:34:09
Did you fix it? I have same problem. I believe it is to do with the AP500 getting its IP address messed up. I have an AP500 which I have allocated a fixed IP address. However it is still requesting an IP address from the DHCP server.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1064

Replies: 4