Question regarding configuring WDR3600 as a WAP - name resolution

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-29 04:54:28
Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : TL-WDR3600_V1_151104_US

ISP : AT&T

Good afternoon. I have a TL-WDR3600 switch which I recently updated to work as a WAP in my house. I upgraded the firmware to the latest level without any issues. I followed the instructions on configuration as a WAP, also no issues. As it's functioning as a WAP, it does not run DHCP nor have a direct WAN connection. It's connected to the main router/gateway (from AT&T) via wired connection to a LAN port on the back of the TP-Link unit.

I did have some questions, though:

1) When I attempt to use the "Diagnostics" feature on the administration interface, I find that there's no way to ping or run traceroute to an internet address/domain as there's no name resolution inside the WAP. I am guessing this is to be expected, but wasn't certain? The devices which are hardwired to it (i.e. security camera) are able to access the internet.

2) Related to #1 - since there's no DNS, it would seem that I can't configure NTP on there.

So - is there a way to configure name service on the TP-Link when it's functioning as a WAP? It seems the only place(s) to do this are on the WAN or DHCP tabs.

Thanks.
Ben
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 0

Related Articles