How to tell if it's DOA? C2600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-05 21:41:49
Model : AC2600

Hardware Version : 1.1

ISP : Spectrum

I have a C2600 (US) v1.1 - we had a direct lightning hit yesterday PM, and although the router powers on, I can't tell if it's fried or not. (We lost a 70" TV and a number of other electronics...)

It has a physical reset button - I tried both log hold while powering on - and well as a long hold when powered on. Neither of these makes a difference. I've removed it from everything and have it plugged in as stand alone to see if any devices can find it over WLAN - so far - nothing.

Our modem/ISP is out too - however when I scan for networks via iPad, iMac etc. - it doesn't show up. I could probably plug directly into it with Ethernet - but then it's supposed to be Wifi so not much point there.

Anything else to try before it becomes recycling? Best Buy is currently offering 15% off a new network device on recycling old ones...
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to tell if it's DOA? C2600
2018-07-06 16:08:14
Are the LED normal? Can you get wifi LED?

Do you mean your modem is also not working at this moment?

In that case, we even can't tell whether the wired connection is still working or not on the router.

Try to reset the router to see whether it can get back.

Certainly, the router may be faulty if LEDs are abnormal.
Options
Re:How to tell if it's DOA? C2600
2018-07-06 18:10:26
Thanks - I've tried everything I could think of. I believe the LEDs are abnormal - everything lights up solid on - no blinking - all lights.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 668

Replies: 2