Archer C8 "goes bad" periodically (details given)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-13 09:10:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an Archer C8 v1 router and it's usually fine, until it randomly "goes bad" and drives me insane, briefly. I'll explain but first the TL;DR is probably: Should I expect to have to power cycle the router every 3-5 weeks? Is that normal?

When it's fine, it's fine. It performs well. No complaints until it goes bad. About every 3-5 weeks, something will happen, or I will at least pick up on something happening. Like, a connection which had been working fine will suddenly not be working (FTP server, Plex Server, something like that) so I will do a little troubleshooting, try to find the cause, it almost invariably traces back to the router and most often, I can't even work in the router admin page because it's phenomenally slow, or clicking on Advanced will do nothing, or Advanced will work but none of the side bar options will be clickable. Just now, even the reboot option at the top of the page didn't work. It just caused the interior frame of the web page to do Chrome's dead computer screen and I was reduced to having to go pull the power and restart it manually.

This happens somewhat infrequently, but far too often for my liking. I am not a heavy user, despite having things like FTP and Plex connections, they are hardly getting hammered with traffic. I feel like routers should be set and forget devices.

My router doesn't appear to overheat. It has the latest firmware.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C8 "goes bad" periodically (details given)
2018-07-13 17:24:24
try to reset the router to see whether it will keep stable.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1

Related Articles