Weird DNS issue...maybe solved?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-24 02:14:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So - for the past few months, I've had unpredictable issues with DNS. Every once in a while, half the internet just disappears - meaning I can access some web sites, but others are inaccessible, or more often, just very slow. As an educated technical person, I blamed comcast (odds are with me).

It happened again today, so for the heck of it, I mucked with settings on my deco. It quite possibly was a coincidence, but I turned off DDNS, and my normal connectivity returned immediately. I know DDNS is for inbound connections, but is there any way there is a real correlation here?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Weird DNS issue...maybe solved?
2018-07-25 17:38:27
all the devices have the same issue?

Some websites can be accessible but some are not?

How many clients do you connect? Is the LED normal when you can't access those websites?
Options
Re:Weird DNS issue...maybe solved?
2018-07-27 08:32:43
yes - all devices. Same weird DNS issues with my MacPro over wireless, and my Ubuntu desktop box on a wired network (and my phone for that matter).

I didn't pay attention to the LED, but I can say that I haven't had internet problems since I disabled DDNS, and don't know that I need it either, so all is well...I guess.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 635

Replies: 2