T6E Upload Speed Troubleshooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-17 10:10:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased and installed an archer T6E card in my PC so I could use the 5ghz band of my Verizon Fios quantum gateway router. I connected to the 5ghz band okay and was able to get ~115 mbps per second download which is good considering the distance. However my upload is only 25-50mbps. My internet speeds are level and if I take my phone and test next to my router I do get the full speed 150mbps up and down. So far I have tried disabling WMM in the router and changing the DNS to Googles free DNS. That got me from 25mbps to 50mpbs, but I don't understand why I can get 115 mbps down from my pc but only about 50 up. I have also checked and the card is not in power saving mode. My signal strength is 50-60% or "excellent" according to the drivers. Any ideas?
Also I know the card is dual band as is my router. Shouldn't that give me equal upload and download speeds? Is dual band something I need to configure to work? I have tried the 2.4ghz band but then I get like 20 up 20 down so that's out.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 716

Replies: 0

Related Articles