C5400X - Internet Speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C5400X - Internet Speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
84 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:C5400X - Internet Speed issue
2019-08-02 17:47:40

Yes new update .. my upload speed keeps going up and down. I stream on twitch through my ps4. Stream becomes pixelated after moving in gameplay because of my unstable upload and Bandwith I believe.. I'm supposed to have 25 upload and 250 download speeds from my ISP... I have the latest es firmware but I seen few week ago there is another update.. no access to computer atm to put in the new update and iPhone won't let me download link to put in the new update 

Options
Re:Re:C5400X - Internet Speed issue
2019-08-07 01:50:23

I also have Gigabit service with Sprectrum and have a wired connection.  When testing straight to the modem, I average 945 down.  With the C5400X I am only getting around 500-600 down.  These results are after installing the beta you recently posted here.  This is better than the 350 that I seemed to be capped at on the previous firmware without resetting before running a speed test like the othrers here.  I feel like you all still have work to do with the firmware.  I switched to your product for the 8 gig lan ports on the C5400X.  I am going to have to go back to my asus AC 5300 with a switch if you all can't get this resolved.  It's quite an expensive router to not be able to handle gig speeds from ISP.

Options
Re:C5400X - Internet Speed issue
2019-08-09 18:43:15

Hello,

I have been having this issue as well, and was even issued a replacement router but the replacement also does this. I have gigabit service but rarely get above 700 (and I'm usually between 400-600 with around 350-400 as normal before this beta updated). I've only had the beta firemware installed for a few hours now but I'm still not seeing speeds around where I should be. I had Spectrum service come in and we could see 950+ speeds directly to the modem and from the cable line itself.

Below are screenshots:

Confirmation above that I am on the beta build of the firmware.

Below is a graph of my last 50 speed tests, the oldest being May of this year and the most recents being today. As you can see it's all over the place, with highest speeds generally being after a fresh reboot of the router but drop off fairly quickly (I have it set to reboot itself every morning at 6:00am but speeds are gone by the time I get home from work).

Here are the tests from today, with 2019-08-09 11:59 test being before the firmware. The last two tests are better but still not up to what I should be getting. I will be doing a reboot cycle soon to see if that helps.

Options
2019-08-13 16:12:26

Hey FrostFox,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I too was still having this issue even after installing the Beta firmware.  Now however after several days of running the beta firmware, my speeds seem to be holding at 900+ mb/s down and have stabilized.  It seems like the router is now providing a steady gig speed.  I had my router set to reboot every day at 4am for the past couple weeks.  I doubt that had anything to do with it but just passing along my experience.

FrostFox wrote

Hello,

I have been having this issue as well, and was even issued a replacement router but the replacement also does this. I have gigabit service but rarely get above 700 (and I'm usually between 400-600 with around 350-400 as normal before this beta updated). I've only had the beta firemware installed for a few hours now but I'm still not seeing speeds around where I should be. I had Spectrum service come in and we could see 950+ speeds directly to the modem and from the cable line itself.

Below are screenshots:

Confirmation above that I am on the beta build of the firmware.

Below is a graph of my last 50 speed tests, the oldest being May of this year and the most recents being today. As you can see it's all over the place, with highest speeds generally being after a fresh reboot of the router but drop off fairly quickly (I have it set to reboot itself every morning at 6:00am but speeds are gone by the time I get home from work).

Here are the tests from today, with 2019-08-09 11:59 test being before the firmware. The last two tests are better but still not up to what I should be getting. I will be doing a reboot cycle soon to see if that helps.

Options
Re:Re:Re:C5400X - Internet Speed issue
2019-08-13 18:33:19

I have the same problem as FrostFox, running the Beta firmware, the speed gradually dropped from 550 to 350, until I rebooted the router speed went back to 550, looks like this Beta firmware haven't fixed the speed problem yet.

Options
2019-08-14 21:44:34 - last edited 2019-08-15 22:47:32

I believe I am a bit more stable. I'm not reaching my full speeds but I am at least over 650 Mbps in recent days. I will continue to monitor.

Adding Screenshot of latest tests:

Options
2019-08-17 16:22:13 - last edited 2019-08-17 16:29:31

I am having the same issue.

Speed test within the router reports download speed of approximately 465.  This is comparable to what the Windows Speed test app reported for my old router--approximately 480.

However now the Windows Speed test app reports much lower download speeds--varying between 200 and 300.  I tried downloading the stable firmware and reflashing but it made no difference.

I was encouraged to see the comment that there may be a firmware update to address this problem--but the problems reported with the beta version make me hesitant to install it.  Is there an estimate when a new stable version will be available?

I am still within the return period at Amazon and if there is no solution return is still an option.

Options
2019-08-17 16:46:10

Well I worked up the courage to try the Beta firmware.

It seems to make no difference in reported download speeds as compared to the stable version.  I still see roughly half the download speed on the Windows Speedtest app comparded to reported download speed within the Router speedtest.  The reported download on the Router speed test is basically the same as with the stable firmware.

So far I have not experienced any problems with the Beta version and I have left it installed.

Options
2019-08-17 18:36:04

The beta firmware did improve a little bit, I have to schedule the router reboot everynight in order to maintain arount 500mb.

Options
2019-08-24 13:39:13

You guys really need to release all the stops and make new firmware available via gui ASAP.

Getting 90mb down on a full fibre 330mb connection with or without the beta firmware.

The QOS is very basic and doesn't work properly,in the manual it shows a better QOS system with down up limiting and application type percentages,please change back to this or allow a downgrade to that firmware .

I really like this router so have ordered a replacement but if a firmware is not available in the next few days then i will have to return the unit.

I am available for testing new firmwares should you require assistance just send a email,i previously helped asus resolve a bug on their firmware causing higher CPU utilization.

Regards

Gamer

Options
Related Articles