HS210 status is wrong in app

2018-12-26 19:24:18

Just installed a TP-Link HS210 in a circuit that had two three-way switches and a four-way switch.  I made sure to install the HS210 to replace the first three-way which was fed with power from the circuit breaker.  Electrically everything works fine, I can turn the lights on and off from any switch and can turn them on from a given switch and off from another switch fine with no problem.  The issue is that from the Kasa app and from the Alexa app I cannot tell the status of the lights.  Both apps show the status of the light as off even though it is on.  When I click the icon to turn on it turns green for a second and the light physically turns on but shortly afterwards the icon goes grey even though the light is on.  In Alexa when I turn it on it will go on and the icon goes green but then the icon in a few seconds shows off - it will over 20 seconds or so switch a few times between on and off and then will stay at off even though the lights are on.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS210 status is wrong in app
2018-12-26 19:48:03
Called support and they had me delete the Kasa app on my iPhone and reinstall it. Once I did all is fine in both the app AND in the Alexa app. Very strange, but it fixed things.
Options