DHCP not working C3200 - started two days ago

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-30 02:59:57 - last edited 2018-12-31 04:33:08

after a year or so , where everething works well, my XBOX stop connecting to the internet with error on DHCP (cant find it) 

I switched to wireless and it works, I tried connecting my laptop (used only via wireless) to wired and same error cant connect to DHCP 

any idea ?

looking at the setting of the router (Archer 3200) DHCP is on

thanks

Options
6 Reply
Re:DHCP not working for wired connetcion, but works for Wireless
2018-12-30 17:02:02

@Nir 

Log into the router click on Advanced - Network - DHCP server.   I would recommend disable then re-enable the server and to make sure you have a large enough pool for your devices.  By default it is set to 100 addresses.

You may also want to check if you are on the latest firmware.  Frimware can be found here

Best Regards

Carl | TP-Link Support

Options
2018-12-30 21:39:06

thanks , Im on the latest firmware, restarting the router or the dhcp server did nothing 

Options
Re:Re:DHCP not working for wired connetcion, but works for Wireless
2018-12-30 21:42:01

I have 23 clients (using Wifi) and have 100 addresses in the pool x.x.x.100-199 

Options
2018-12-30 22:15:38

I just tried backup conf, restore to factory defaults, restore conf, still the same problem

BTW it does not work for WIFI as well, at least not on my laptop, maybe ips that alreday have a bind (from my android tablet) it works.

Options
2018-12-31 04:32:40

maybe its not really works for wireless , its just that they might have it not expired yet, with my laptop I cant get dhcp from wireless as well, 

so bottom line DHCP not wokring at all anymore (started two days ago)

similar to the time I installed win 10 pro , but it does not have DHCP server on it,

Options
Re:Re:DHCP not working for wired connetcion, but works for Wireless
2019-01-01 19:38:20

Nir,

Thank you for the information.  It sound like there is an issue with the C3200's DHCP server.  We would be happy to replace the device for you, as long as your still in our 2-year warranty period.  We would just need you to send an email to ussupportteam@tp-link.com  with a link to this thread and we will gladly help.

Please include a proof of purchase, the device serial number and a best way to contact you. 

Best Regards

Carl | TP-Link support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1195

Replies: 6

Related Articles