Magnetic Low Voltage Track Lighting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-07 16:26:48 - last edited 2019-01-07 16:31:07

Hi, I've been trying to find confirmation on if any of the TP-Link smart switches (dimmer preferred) are compatible with Magnetic Low-Voltage Track Lighting.

I currently have Juno T809 light fixtures connected to a lutron dimmer.

I'm not sure if these types of lights are not as common as they once were, but I'm having difficulty finding explicit compatibility/incompatibility information with this type of lightings and the various switch options available.

Thank you

Options
6 Reply
Re:Magnetic Low Voltage Track Lighting
2019-01-07 21:30:21

@Sam555 

Based on the product T809 specs the voltage rating is 120V so the product should be compatible with our HS220 Dimmer Switch.  We do not test specific products for compatiblity so it would be recommended to take the HS220 specs and speak with the manufacture of the track light to ensure it is compatible with this.

Thank you 

Carl | TP-Link Support 

Options
2019-01-07 22:46:11

@Carl

Thanks for the reply. Has there been any confirmed testing with Magnetic Low Voltage fixtures of any kind? I'm fairly confident if it works with MLV at all, it'll work with these fixtures.

I'll also try a lighting store that carries Juno products to see if they have any information.

Thanks!

Options
Re:Re:Magnetic Low Voltage Track Lighting
2019-01-17 00:27:28

@Sam555 

Sorry for the delay i wasn't waiting for a response form our smart home team.  No the product has not be tested with any magenetic track lighting. 

Best Regards 

Options
2019-11-21 23:34:45

@Sam555 is completely correct, i am a Lutron customer as well and am very interested in your hs220.  @Carl If you are wanting to gain some new business with more of your technical audience, I would highly recommend doing more testing on simple questions like this.  I understand there is a lot of testing needed and you will never have enough time to test out all products (especially with changing technology).  But, Mangnetic low voltage lights are definatly in the market and something your competators make products for.  

I encorage you to push this higher up the chain to tp-link.  Just my two cents.  

-TraxX (an excited possible new customer!).  

Options
2019-11-22 01:21:43

@TraxX 

I'd be happy to forward your comments to our Smart Home team.  I can't say we will make any products for the magentic track lights but we are always looking for ways to expand our product line. 

Options
2021-10-08 04:02:38

@Carl I can't find an answer to this question either. If possible, please ask the engineers.

Here is an explanation from Lutron about why their switches work for a MLV transformer https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Education-Training/Pages/LCE/DimmingBasics.aspx

This is important technical information for a dimmer switch. It would be very useful if it were published.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1806

Replies: 6

Related Articles