Low Voltage Dimmer?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Low Voltage Dimmer?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Low Voltage Dimmer?
Low Voltage Dimmer?
2020-08-20 21:04:15
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

My landlord replaced a two-light florescent light with a flat panel LED light.  It was quite the difference. MUCH brighter!

However, it is a little too bright.  So, my landlord mentioned that I could install a dimmer switch. I already had a TP-Link HS200 switch installed, so I decided to replace it with the TP-Link HS220 Dimmer switch.  While the switch does turn on and off the light, the light flickers when attempting to dim the lights.

After researching the issue, I have found that I need a dimmer that handles low voltage (0-10W). 

Is there anyway to use the HS220 to do this? Is there another product that you would recommend? (Obviously, I would want to keep using a smart switch as I love controlling the lights in my place with Alexa or Google Home.)

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Low Voltage Dimmer?
2020-08-21 18:02:09

@itstim 

I think you may need to look at potentially using a relay to get a low voltage to work with a device that typically accepts 120V. I would consult a trained electrician to see if that would be the case before messing with the wiring. Possibly your landlord?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 763

Replies: 1

Related Articles