TPLink A2300 Remote Management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-26 16:08:06

I'm using an Archer A2300 and trying remote management on port 12345 and whenever I try to access it acts as if it is a new router and does not do anything when I try to generate a password.

This does not occur when I use LAN obviously.

Is there some other setting I am missing??

Screenshot 1: my config

Screenshot 2: trying to log in

Options
1 Reply
Re:TPLink A2300 Remote Management
2019-01-28 15:31:11

@ahmedb 

Its likely the port you are using.  That port is commonly used for trojan horse viruss so the HomeCare service may see it as a threat and be blocking it.  Have you tried any other ports like 8080?  Also you have another option available for you.  If you link your router with a TP-Link Cloud account you can log in and manage the router remotely through its cloud access.  To do this log into the router under Basic > TP-Link Cloud, then register or log in if you already have a cloud account.  From there download the TP-Link Tether app.  Log into the same TP-Link Cloud account and you will have remote access of your router.  

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2007

Replies: 1

Related Articles