Connecting a Deco satellite via point to point wireless bridge

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-09 15:00:19

I would like to add a Deco satellite puck to an outbuilding via a point to point outdoor wireless bridge (tp-link CPE210). As this bridge transmits on 2.4ghz only, would the Deco system still recognize and transmit to the outbuilding Deco satellite puck connected via the bridge?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connecting a Deco satellite via point to point wireless bridge
2019-02-11 18:36:21

@Buck 

While conceptually that should work, we have never tested it.  What you would need is 2 CPE210 or like ltems.  One in AP mode the other in Client mode.  Setup all of the Decos at the main location then install the remote unit in the remote location. The point to point should have the deco "thinking" its using Ethernet backhaul and should provide the same network signal as if they were in the same location.   Again its never been tested so we can't say for certain. 

Best Regards 

Options
2020-06-06 17:38:33

@Carl 

> While conceptually that should work, we have never tested it.

Has this since been tested?  I would like to set up exactly this, Deco m5 ethernet backhaul via two CPE210 units.

Thanks.

Options
2020-06-08 16:02:57

@limpet 

No and honestly its not something i see happening.  The products are from two seperate divisions and we do not generally cross test between the two. 

Options
2020-10-21 21:03:31

@Buck I have the exact same question, but I have already purchased all the hardware.  I have the 3 puck kit of the Deco Mesh Wifi system and one tp-link CPE210 outdoor AP.  I am going to attempt to set up the CPE210 in bridge or client mode and hook it to the mesh devices.  Right now, I have the CPE outdoors on PoE to get internet to a home stand-by generator.

Right now my network connection looks like this (Cable Provider wifi router) -> TP-Link AC750 Wifi Extender -> CPE210 -> Generator

Shooting for (Cable Provided router) -> Deko Mesh (main) -> Deko Mesh (room) -> CPE210 -> Generator.

I will be doing the re-configuration this weekend hopefully if the weather holds out.  I can report back and let you know how it goes unless you have already purchased the hardware and tried to set it up already.

I am hoping that I can just swap the SSID and key to the Deco and devices will auto connect *fingers crossed* 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1560

Replies: 4