TPLink Archer C1200 Dropping Network Connection Frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TPLink Archer C1200 Dropping Network Connection Frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:TPLink Archer C1200 Dropping Network Connection Frequently
2020-04-19 23:22:43 - last edited 2020-04-19 23:23:48

@Luke.L21 

Asus ax58u, priced on Amazon.de for £160, so £50 more for me. I paid £110 for the c2300.

I spent ages trying to sort it because the wireless on the c2300 is awesome.

But I can't have a router that dc from the internet every couple of days.

Options
2020-05-10 08:11:01
I have been having the same issue for a couple of months now. Was working fine for about a year but now from time to time i have reboot the archer c1200 to restore connectivity... really frustrating...
Options
2020-05-12 08:39:40

@Carl 

i am facing same issue with Archer AC1200. it keeps droping wan connection. sometimes every 5-10 min it drops the wan connection. I tried Tenda router for 2 days but it didn't drop the WAN connection even a single time. then i again connected AC1200 and it start dropping internet connection. Please look into this issue on priority bases as i brought Archer AC1200 router and if this issue won't solved then i m going to loose my money. 

Options
2020-05-12 17:01:35

@Atul-Rathod 

I see that you registered your account in India.  Please note the TP-Link Support, including the communities is regionally based.  This community community.tp-link.com/us is designed to for US customers.  While we can assist and provide best effort support for other region customers it is always best that you post your concerns on the community for your region.  In this case the global community at community.tp-link.com/en.  You can also look at getting direct support from the India support team @ https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/contact-technical-support/.

This is especially crucial when the hardware is different in this case an EU version compared to the US version, as although they are the same model they can expeirance different concerns.  

Options
2020-06-03 00:16:32

@bromanager 

I'm having the same issue as you all in fact i think it got worse when I upgraded the firmware to the latest version.

During my trouble shooting I found that my internet connection via the modem never drops out as I was able to plug in another device directly to the modem and use the internet with no issue.  It gets to the point now that when I watch netflix or youtube for a few mins it seems to tigger this dropout behaviour which is very frustrating. 

The logs on the tplink router do not offer any clues as well.

Any ideas TPLINK Support??

Options
2020-06-03 00:40:07

@Crotech I gave up and returned my TP Link. Got a Netgear Nighthawk and it has surpassed my expectations. Great customer service from Netgear and the router itself has an app where you can run speed tests as well as monitor all connections to that router. Highly recommend you swap out for the nighthawk. 

Options
2021-01-11 15:31:49

I have the same issue with Archer A6 new firmware.

There is any fix for this connection drops?

Options
2021-01-11 15:32:02

I have the same issue with Archer A6 new firmware.

There is any fix for this connection drops?

Options
2021-01-20 00:58:36

@bromanager I'm having the same issue, firmware is up to date, went trough 2 cable modems from old ISP and even switched to a new ISP thinking it was a problem with them.

Options
2021-01-21 03:01:28

@Carl 

I'll add my name to the list of people having this problem.  I've had the C1200 for a couple years now without any major problem.  In the past 1-2 weeks, I've noticed daily internet connections dropouts.  The connection light on the front of the router flips to orange, and I everything in my house disconnects from the internet.  Sometimes it comes back on its own, but usually, I need to reboot the router.  I've verified I have the latest firmware, and nothing has changed regarding my home's setup.  I've checked my modem's logs, and the power and SNR are within acceptable ranges.  There are no T3 or T4 timeouts in the log.

Thanks,

Joe

Options