Deco M9 Plus LAN Port stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-25 00:00:44
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20181206 Rel. 47778

I am a proud owner of the 3-pack Deco M9 Plus, which I just setup in my house less than 2 days ago.

I updated most WiFi devices (now 17 and still counting) around the house to connect to the Deco, and all have worked superbly. No more blackspots everywhere I checked too.  And no connections dropped so far, as far as I am aware.

In addition to the WiFi devices, I do have a couple of computers as well as a NAS at home that are connected via LAN, where I used to connect my old d-link router to a switch (fairly old tp-link 8-port 10/100Mbps switch)  for that purpose.  When I connected the 2nd LAN port from the main Deco unit to the switch, everything worked fine as well.... until yesterday evening when I realized that the connected devices no longer have internet connection.  The Deco status light is still green (on all 3 units), and all WiFi devices connected to the Deco still work fine.

I tried looking within the Deco app to see if there is any reported status of the LAN port, or whether there is an option for me to disable and reenable the LAN port, but could not find anything.

Wonder what may be wrong.

I plan to, but have not tried the following:

1) Restart the main Deco unit.

2) Connect my wired devices to one of the Satellite Deco units (I am using wireless backhaul, so both satellite units have both LAN ports available).

Any other things I should try?

Options
14 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus LAN Port stopped working
2019-02-25 04:44:34

I have the same issue with LAN port on a satellite deco. Wireless works fine but LAN doesnt work until i reboot.

I emailed support to troubleshoot.

My setup is 

ISP -> Modem -> Main Deco -> TP Link switch -> Satellite Deco -> Netgear switch -> PS4

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus LAN Port stopped working
2019-02-25 07:23:59
In some sense, I am glad that I am not the only one facing the issue. So, it is certainly an issue that warrants tp-link to look into and hopefully resolve soon. Allen, couple of questions for you pertaining to your setup/experience: 1) How do you know that it is the LAN port on the Satellite Deco that has stopped working, instead of the LAN port on the Main Deco? 2) To reset, did you just turn off the power to the Deco, and then turning it back on after a short lapse? Did you do this just for the Satellite Deco that you suggested has the LAN port issue? Or, did you "reset" all units? 3) Has the issue occurred again?
Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 Plus LAN Port stopped working
2019-02-25 21:15:55

I know it is just the LAN port on that device because 

1) the rest of the network is working

2) I have cameras that are close to that device that uses wifi and they didnt report any disruption.

I reboot the satelitte deco from the app and only the satelitte deco. Havent touched the main deco yet since i dont want to interrupt the entire network

Options
2019-02-27 18:15:54

@EricT. 

There is currently nothing that lets you disable or re-enable the LAN on the Deco units.  While its always possible the ports may be bad the simplest way to determine this is swap a satellite unit with the main unit and try connecting your ISP modem to each port (each port is cable of being LAN or WAN on the main unit).  If the service comes online on each port than the Ethernet is fuctioning properly on that unit.  You can follow this method of elmination on each subsequent Deco unit until you have tested all.  If you confrim the LAN ports are working properly more indepth testing may be requeired.

Options
2019-03-18 05:07:47

I have same problem that the Deco M9 that the lan will random stop working and require reboot to make it work again but wirelesss don't have problem i'm try to switch lan port between too i don't see the different still happens from time to time

My setup is Modem -wired -> deco m9 - wired -> Deco m9 - wired -> Tp-link hub

The hub is work fine because i test with other router no problem this only make me go crazy with Deco M9 that i'm invest , I hope the next firmware fix it

Options
2019-07-24 12:08:35 - last edited 2019-07-25 10:55:34

Has there been any resolution to this issue?  I have been happy with the M9 solution but now find that that my tp-link switch is flakey (connected to a satellite).  Internet connections to the switch drop after brief connections.  It seems simple enough to troubleshoot this problem.  

Options
2019-11-18 23:57:05

@erider 

Same issue with me

Options
2019-12-12 02:47:08 - last edited 2019-12-12 03:18:01

I had Deco M9 Plus purchased from Costco for several months now.  Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel. 54023

Had experienced LAN network suddently stops working, while WAN connections are still up.

My setup is: Modem > Deco M9 #1 > TP-Link Switch > [PC | Printers | TP-Link Switch] > Deco M9 #2 > TP-Link Switch | TV | PC > Deco M9 #3

My suspicion is that Deco LAN IP gets reset to 192.168.0.1 somehow. At least that's what I noticed after power cycling it.  I did not check it before performing the steps below:

1. Powering off Deco M9 #1

2. Disconnecting LAN cable from it

3. Powering if on

4. After light goes Green, reconnecting LAN cable

5. Change LAN IP back to what it was.  In my case I use 192.168.24.x

Deco is connected to UPS and there was no power outages.

This is very frustrating issue as it impacts stability of the network.  This appears to be completely a firmware defect.  Like the product otherwise, but will be returning it unless it is resolved promptly.

Options
2020-09-11 18:28:11

I have the same issue. Entire WAN works fine. There are 2 computers connected with satellite Deco units. They work fine for a while and then suddenly stop working. No amount of network trouble shooting, cable disconnect, satellite deco reboot fixes the problem. I don't want to reboot the entire system 

Did it ever get resolved or this has been an issue for more than a year with no fixes? 

Options
2020-09-11 18:30:23
Just to add to above. It seems that somehow IP address is reset after a day or so when system starts to work again. However it randomly stops working. Probably when computer goes to sleep and is started again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6779

Replies: 14